Monday, November 07, 2011

30 Posts in 30 Days - Day 7




Today is a weird day. I am feeling lazy, slightly sick and tired.

I have not had an uninterrupted night sleep in a while. Last night she woke up at 3:30 a.m. I think she had a nightmare, on the other hand, she seemed to be mostly upset that she could not find her sippy cup of water (which was right in front of her).

Everyone left and I made myself productive despite myself. Nothing on the job front so far for this week, I am anticipating some feedback from interviews from last week.* A watched computer has the same principle as a watched kettle, so I sit down to write a post. But cannot seem to settle on a topic.

I am usually the productive one, but right now, I feel a lack of motivation.

So far, this stint of unemployment has found me busy and sluggish in turns. For a little while I could not even get myself to land my brain on a good book. Thankfully, that stint of non-bookness has left me and I find my brain and imagination engaged once again.

But there is still today. Where I just don't really feel like doing anything. And the things I want to do, I don't have time to do. Or the money to do. Or...oh, hell, I don't know...the endurance to do. Hopefully it is just me being under the weather. Or maybe it is the time change. Or the end of Halloween and the beginning of the holidays?

Maybe I just peaked too soon in this unemployment stint. I think that June and July I just poured myself into the summer with the kids and then August I started to fret and work on the job of finding work. And then school started in September. And then an abnormal Autumn. Maybe I just need a vacation from my forced vacation?

Or maybe I am just having the Monday Blahs today.

Eh, I will have a nice tea with honey for my throat, snuggle with the cat and watch television for a bit and then pick up Michael from school. I will make us all a good dinner tonight.

And then tomorrow--is another day!

*Finally got some news--I have an interview on Wednesday!

Photobucket

No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...