Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Posts in 30 Days - Day 19

One of my favorite movies, Watership Down is playing in the background. And it is now Willow's favorite movie--usurping Winnie the Pooh at the moment. I know, because this is the third time in less than 24 hours that it has been playing. Last night we watched it. And this morning. And now--watching it again.

The first two times I watched it with her. Luckily, Uncle John has come to visit so that he can watch it with her now.

Oh, and she is eating carrots.

This all comes from gaming--last week we were playing Bunnies and Burrows, which is based on Watership Down. So I had it in my head--and so when I pulled out some children's movies to watch last night--well, it was among them. And Willow took the deceptive looking cover of cute bunnies to heart. And since she is enamored of monsters and Buffy, etc., the blood in it is actually not a bother for her.

Looking at it now as an adult, I am amazed at the wonderful animation and soundtrack, the great voices. It has stood up to the test of time.

I think I may have to dust off the book...I have gotten into the mood for it now.

Although, I have no idea how many more viewings before I am completely sick of these bunnies...

Are there classic movies (animated or otherwise) that you cannot wait to show your children?

Photobucket

No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...