Sunday, December 18, 2011

20 Questions - Christmas Style

20(ish) Questions - Christmas Style
I am stealing sharing this from from Kristen...feel free to also steal share


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?  I prefer wrapping paper, although I am not the best wrapper.  Bags are good for big presents though.

2. Real tree or Artificial?  Artificial.  I can have it around longer, I have a Black Thumb and I don't need more chaos in my life.  So, the nice hinged tree unfolds and I am happy.


3. When do you put up the tree?  Per my family's tradition, the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Originally, when I was a girl, this was a practical choice.  Now, it is the tradition.


4. When do you take the tree down? Per family tradition, on New Year's Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? I am the only one in our family that does.  I LOVE it, and especially like making french toast with it.  Yum!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?  Kinda hard to pick one...I remember the Barbie Townhouse, the Barbie convertible, the race track...and numerous bikes!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.


8. Hardest person to buy for?  My mom.


9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids.  It is hard for me to not overbuy for them.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Email sounds so tacky...does anyone really do that?  Snail mail!


11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't really have one.  I have had some that I was not as thrilled with when I received them...and then later on found them very useful.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? That is a toughie!  I love the George C. Scott "A Christmas Carol" and I also love "Its a Wonderful Life" and "White Christmas".

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Generally in September/October.


14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Grammie's fudge; candies; homemade goodies; chocolate covered cherries; pumpkin pie, turkey.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Was going to do clear lights this year for a change, but son would not have any of that!  So, colored and blinking it is!

 17. Favorite Christmas song? I love a lot of songs during Christmas...it is hard for me to come up with just one...I like the traditional ones I grew up hearing, but I also like these songs because they share a universal message of peace and love that I especially find joyful.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? When we were younger we did travel to Michigan to see our family; but with our children it is more practical (and fair for them) to stay at home.  We always welcome others to visit us!


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, as should you.  But do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all?!  Rudolph is a BIG hit with Willow.

 20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Santa Hat!  Although Willow seems to want a star.  I suppose we could find a Star of David?

 21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Because of my birthday, we open presents on Christmas Eve; Christmas Morning is for Santa presents and Christmas day is for Birthday cake with dinner!

  22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I get annoyed when the music and the decorations start in the beginning of November.

  23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I don't have a theme, per say, although Snowmen are a close proximity of a theme.  We also have a lot of personal ornaments that mean more to us than whether or not they fit a theme.

  24. What do you want for Christmas this year?  Well, officially, for my birthday, I want a new digital camera.  But for Christmas--I just would like a promise that the new year will be better than the old...



Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Thanks for playing.

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...