Friday, June 17, 2016

Distracted

Another senseless tragedy, this time in Orlando, Florida, has caught my attention and while I attempt to grapple with senseless murder and the intensely stifling and useless political collateral damage..the gun debate, the terrorism debate, the dumbing down of values and ideologies...I thought we would accomplish something after Sandy Hook...but...

So.

I have wanted to read more. I used to read books all the time, and the last couple years, it has been hard and I have found a lack of time and distractions a'plenty.  I hate to say it--but the internet and smart phone are often too easy for me and occupy my time when I could be reading a good book...(could be why I am resistant to electronic books--prefer the actual physical one).  I also get overwhelmed with domestic and work duties...and by the time I have time to relax--I find I want to veg in front of the television (and there have been a lot of good shows for the science fiction geek lately...)

So, looking for a distraction after the murders in a LGBTQ night club...I found myself drifting to re-reading Alison Bechdel's Fun Home.  I am voraciously reading it, staying up late at night--because that seems to be the only time I can find to read.  A little less sleep--but so satisfying to be reading and thinking.

I have been trying to find more times to read--with some mixed success.  Maybe this weekend...

Michael is going to volunteer for the Jimmy Fund.  Not only is it a good cause, but will give him some useful real world experience that he will need to eventually be able to get out there in the workforce.  I am a bit nervous for tomorrow--it will be his first four hour shift.

Willow has a birthday party on Saturday to go to...and this weekend is our town's annual Flag Day Fireworks and Carnival...

And then there is Father's Day!

And now for something completely different--Goats!

(We went to a goat farm last Saturday--Michael was very happy!)  (That is a story in itself--I had to go to the Dentist last week for an unscheduled filling--and we got to talking--and his wife own's a goat farm!--so there ya go!)









Photobucket

No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...