Luckily, Chewy is available for the children, and they will get some time from the normal routine.
This holiday season since Thanksgiving has been surreal and strange. This weekend was the first one that felt "normal" and I do feel that the kids have had a good holiday season despite the strangeness.
But pesky time keeps going even if you are not well or indisposed or if you need a break--it just keeps going...so I try to remember the things that have made me smile and enjoy this time...
- Playing Munchin Cthulhu with Michael late in the evening, before I have to go to work...having some nice one on one time with him and a board game.
- Flipping channels, coming up with the French Chef--and having Willow want to watch it with me (even after I was kinda bored, because it was an episode on Sauces!)
- Snuggling under blankets with the whole family, watching A Christmas Story and Its a Wonderful Life.
- Going to the Zoo Lights--in the freezing cold, but enjoying it anyway with Uncle John.
- Seeing the nieces try to make friends with the cats