Saturday, November 05, 2011

Day 5



I have decided to once again participate in November. To read more about NaBloPoMo please click HERE.


She is procrastinating bedtime. I had pushed the job on daddy at first, partially because he is really good at putting the kids to bed, but also because I am done with being a mommy to a 3.5 year old today.

But she is still up and daddy is sick (sicker than the rest of us who are dealing with colds), so now it is my turn at bat. She talks to me and I am a bit cold because I really just want her to go to sleep already. Then she of course has to go to the bathroom. I sigh annoyingly as she does so. I am just not in the mood for this crap. (It is after 9 p.m. now..this is getting into my adult time!!)

Tired of waiting outside the bathroom, I go to check in on my son. Who has proceeded slip into bed in his clothes again. I ask if he really is too tired to get into his pajamas...which he reluctantly proceeds to do. I talk to him and tuck him in. And then she walks in.

And starts to sing a good night song of her own making. And I melt. And I smile. We say good night to him and then go into her room.

Where she proceeds to sing several more songs. One about going to bed, one about growing up, one about puppies. Then an encore of the going to bed song. It is too damned cute. She then snuggles in bed. I kiss her and she hugs me and tells me she loves me. Daddy has come up to check on what is going on and she elicits a promise that he will pick up donuts tomorrow morning for breakfast (bad daddy habit).

I don't care that it is now almost 10 p.m. and she is just getting to sleep.

Photobucket

No comments:

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...