Star Date: 312580.93429731095
For convenience, here are the goals I listed at the start of the Plan, with my updates:
1. Lose and keep off the baby weight
Have lost 15 lbs so far; some set backs, but it seems I am the turtle* and the weight is staying off...
2. Take vitamins Big ole' CHECK
3. Become more active Big ole' CHECK
4. Maintain my morning exercise routine; expand it to working out of WiiFit at night for at least 15 mins.
I have expanded my morning routine to 40 mins., maintained for 3 weeks so far; I have done WiiFit or Cardio Work out on average 3 nights a week for approx. 15 mins. each time.
5. Brush and floss my teeth more often
Got the brushing down, working on the flossing...it feels weird after I do it...
Mental Well Being
1. Re-start our Family Meetings – try to make them bi-weekly
Did one Family Meeting; have not gotten them to be bi-weekly, but I do know that we are talking more as a family about family goals. And the goals we have set (like limits on video and television time, have actually been enforced).
2. Simplify (Throw things AWAY)
Working on this; slowly cleaning out the basement; this weekend we did a major project of updating/re-arranging the children's bedrooms; still need to go through the excess of TOYS and other stuff we have accumlated through the years, but I do think this past month has been great for this.
3. Use alone time to relax, not just to get things done
Still find this very hard; although I have read tons of books recently, I do find that most times I find something that "needs" to get done, instead of relaxing...hoping that while June is going to be busy, part of the busy is going on vacation and I am looking forward to some RELAXATION big time...
4. Take a step back from situations that frustrate me, try to use patience.
Actually, I have been very good about this. Umm...still swearing a bit more than I should...and there are times that I am really about ready to throttle _______ (insert toddler; pre-teen; and/or husband), but I am doing quite well (just don't ask them their opinion on that!)
5. Make more of an effort to connect with people Big ole' CHECK to the point of finding that I am often OVERBOOKED...
1. Save more, waste less
Working on this; kinda hard sometimes when life is going 90 miles per hour, but I have found that the Slow Cooker has helped to make it less likely that I will order take out...
2. Make an effort to spend more alone time with my husband
This is pretty much a FAIL for this past month...he has been working long hours, and when he is not, the children are around. This past month Michael has been having troubles sleeping, so he has come downstairs 80% of the time past 10 p.m.--usually about the time we were really getting ready to have some alone time. Hopefully June will be better...
3. Use our babysitter once a month; try to utilize other people for babysitting
Got our babysitter; other people are usually unavailable or too far away, but we are working on it...
4. Complain less
Who, me, complaining?!
5. Enjoy what I have; quit worrying about what I do not have
Working on it...
6. Scrapbook more
Got some good scrapbooking time, but want more!
1. Re-start family gaming night/afternoon (?)
Willow is too relentless for this goal as of yet. Maybe this summer...
2. Cut back on the computer/video game ratio in the household
Big ole' CHECK, although I tend to be more slack during summer vacation
3. Involve the kids more in food preparation
Um, another fail...although if it counts that lately they are eating me out of house and home--that is a win.
* versus I am the walrus (which I more resemble)
Relax; have fun; keep exercising; eat better; enjoy my children and husband more; get outside as often as possible; relax; keep up with above goals.
I know things seem tough right now. Things you think should be easy are not and things that are hard are harder than you thought. Growing ...
This is why I love the school years at Willow's age. I get inundated with TONS of projects and drawings and colorings and rainbows a...
Recently, online, I saw an article about some parents getting upset because a school had sent out a notice that kids would not be making &qu...
That was a quick weekend! Michael had a driving lesson, Willow is prepping for her recital on 20th. She is going to be playing piano an...