Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day



As I sit on the computer, Michael is up watching television, Willow has not gotten up yet. We are going to make you waffles, then per your request, we are going to a friend's BBQ. Then, to cap the day, we are all going to the new To.y St.or.y movie...

But the plans and gifts do not matter. What matters most about today--is that we can show you how much we appreciate you and all you do as a father.

You are kind and generous of your time, you read books and tell stories in funny ways. You share your love of video games and knowledge with our son; you cuddle and tickle and amuse our daughter. You handle dirty diapers, early morning wake-up calls and endless questions...you share in the duties of parenting in every way. Often times you have more patience than I have; and NO ONE can put the kids to bed as well as you can. Your love for them is written all over your face and you would do anything for them.

I could not ask for a better father for my children. Thank you.

2 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Sweet!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That is precious. I love the photos!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...