Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Old" Friends

The other night I got to finally meet up with Susan and her husband Ike. It was a wonderfully mild Tuesday night in Davis Square and we ate at one of our favorite Indian restaurants (Suzy & Ike love Sushi and Indian probably about as much as we do!)

It was amazing how quickly everyone was comfortable with each other. Hugging Susan was like hugging an old friend and we all fell easily into conversation.

Susan and I had Willow between us, and Willow had no problems whatsoever in “Beeping” Suzy (lately she has been poking in various parts of our bodies and saying “beep”, its her variation of “got your nose”—which she also does to no end). My usually shy-to-strangers toddler was immediately best buds with Susan. And then she crawled under the table to play. Yep, my toddler’s table manners are not the best at the moment. She did share a Mango Lassi with me, tho.

Suzy was a good sport while Willow attacked her personal space again and again--which is something since she had just had a day of air travel to boot!

Suzy and Ike were also able to get my son out of his shell. I was impressed how quickly they were able to draw him out and get him to open up about his summer camp/after school camp. Michael is usually very quiet around strangers, usually tending to talk exclusively to his dad or me while at dinner with someone he does not know. But he was quite animated in discussing things once they drew him out. And, he even used one of his French vocabulary words during discussion!

We all had a great time and wished it could have been longer. Brad and I thought Susan and Ike were very fun to be around and wish them all the best and we offer up an open invitation to come by and visit anytime –next time SUSHI!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, Suzy!

And now, the pictures -- let me apologize for the quality of photos—my compact video/camera is great and all, but it doesn’t have a flash…and we were having such a great time that by the time we got to photos it was a bit dark out. So we parked ourselves outside a different restaurant that had better, not totally adequate, light. (I am sure Suzy’s pics will be better!)



Ike, Suzy, Michael and Willow. I really feel this captures everyone's personality the best.


Michael, Suzy and Ike (do you see a pig somewhere?)


Cute couple!


Yep, that is me in the shadows...and Suzy in the light!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS!

I don't even live near where any of you vacation.... :0(

JJ said...

Ahhh, I am so glad this was such a great dinner--I had no doubt you all would hit it off!

C said...

what a wonderful time! thank you for sharing the pics!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

That is fantastic! I can't wait to meet you in less than a week...and so hopeful that one day I get to meet Susan!

Life Happens said...

I can't believe you got to meet Suzy! Looks like you guys had a wonderful dinner. Looking foward to meeting you later this week at our BB gathering!! Yay!!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

We had such a great time with you and your sweet family. It was just wonderful to get to meet you finally! And yes, it felt like being with an old friend. Just so comfortable all of us together.

I can't wait to do it again sometime!

xoxoxo

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...