Friday, December 05, 2008

Show Me Your Tree - Show & Tell



I have decided to participate in SMYT from fellow Braces Buncher (un)complicate me (click on the link to join in the fun). This also doubles as my Show & Tell this week.

So, without further ado--here's our tree...



Can you spot Opus?



The prominent snowman at near the top--Michael's kindergarten picture.

We have so many ornaments, I just decided this year to go with a more understated look and did not put all of them on. I don't do tinsle, I have garlands of metal and plastic. My ornaments do have some type of theme, I love snowmen and musical stuff, snowflakes, cookie sheets of christmas stuff, and then the personal/sentimental ornaments. Its a fake umbrella tree-very easy to put up. We try to go understated in our decor, as we celebrate both Christmas and Hannukah, so we don't want to overstate one over the other.






This is my favorite ornament this year. A few years ago we did a personalized ornament for our family. This year, I bought a baby one personalized for Willow.



And we hung it next to that ornament.


And here is our family Menorah, looks much better when lit up with candles.


My ornament/decoration/toy I am proud to have acquired this year--a wooden Hannukah set.

It has a Menorah with candles (the flames insert into the candles), wooden gelt, a driedal, potato latkes, a skillet and spatula. Both Michael and Willow have already enjoyed playing with it--and it comes in a handy bag to store it in.




Show and Tell

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic! Thanks for playing along! :) I love your cutie ornaments!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

We have the same Chanukkah set with the wooden channukiah and dreidels! In fact, it's on the floor behind me right now.

I love Christmas trees. It I could have a tree, I'd get two or three small ones and scatter them around the house. One could be fun with ornaments and one could be all Martha Stewart-like with ribbons and sparkle lights. Sigh...

AwkwardMoments said...

What such great stuff! I am not a holiday decorator. I leave that to my mom

Malky B. said...

Beautiful decorations!

Billy said...

What a beautiful tree!!
And I loved the Hanukka set :-).

AnotherDreamer said...

Love the ornaments. The tree is lovely, and the wooden set is darling!

In Due Time said...

I still need to finish ornaments on my tree--ran out of hooks! Ugh.

Cute tree!

Kristin said...

Beautiful tree. We're getting ours today.

Cara said...

That looks really festive. I shudder just thinking about decorating for the holiday. I actually said something like, "We aren't putting up anything festive till this place is clean and organized."

That might ban the proceedings altogether so I'll have to reconsider.

Jendeis said...

Ooh, I love your family menorah! That's beautiful!

Also, I am loving the menorah widget!! Totally grabbing that for my blog!

areyoukiddingme said...

Very festive!

JuliaS said...

Ohhhhhh, such a pretty tree - though I am a total sucker for anything green, woodsy smelling and with colorful bits of fun and festivity strewn about it's branches! Light it up and I am totally there!

Sam said...

am late for Show and Tell this week!! Great tree, I have yet to put mine up, but will probably do that this weekend.

momofonefornow said...

That wooden Hanukkah set is very cool!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...