Every year, June slaps me in the face...the year is half over and I cannot believe another year is racing by. And every June, I think--ah, the 22nd...I would have normally been agonizing over something sweet to buy you for a birthday present. (You were one of my favorite people to buy presents for--and I know you loved giving presents too!)
Yesterday and today, even though we are chaotically getting ready to go away on vacation for a week--my thoughts keep coming back to you and how I wish you were still around.
I often think of you at the strangest times--but most definitely in June and when nature is blossoming all over and the world looks so wondrous. Your love of nature hits me and I remember to stop and think of not only you--but what you taught me as well.
Happy Birthday, Grammie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 years...
I took the Michael (he was almost 3) to daycare and proceeded to drive into work. Heard the first plane had hit (we thought accident, maybe...
-
The camping trip was a great success. Michael and I had such a great time that I am certain this will become a tradition (for a longer perio...
-
Posting my show and tell early, as we are going away for the weekend... Last weekend we went to a medieval faire . We go every year, and t...
-
I do not wear a lot of jewerly, but I do like bracelets, especially charm bracelets. Here are some that I have: This is my newest one: It ha...
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Grammie! Some people go away but they never actually go away.
Hope your vacation is lovely.
I am ambivalent about June.
Post a Comment