Monday, January 02, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Tomorrow starts the "back to normal". Which is funny because the "back to normal" usually meant me going back to work. And right now...it means I have plans to take Willow to Ch.uck E. Chee.se tomorrow.

And there are other routines that are going to be added/changed. After school tomorrow I am taking Michael to a Social Skills Group. Four other boys in his age group with two counselors to help them learn how to pick up social cues and interact socially. This will be instead of behavioral therapy, once a week. 

Also, Chewy has agreed to have a written schedule to try and control his out-of-control work schedule. Because he is driving us all insane with his working-all-the-time gig. (On that note, it was nice that Chewy took this past week off for the holidays! We (meaning me and Michael) finally enjoyed watching the Walking Dead and we got some solid quality time with him.)

And me--well, I am back on the trail for a job. I have a staffing agency interview in Boston on Wednesday. A job interview next Thursday. I have revised my resume once again and put it online.

Did this vacation/holiday break refresh me? Hardly. I was (and still am a little) sick most of December (mostly head/sinus/throat issues). There has been some harsh reality checks and discussions and there has been some sleepless nights.

But I am hopeful that we can start this new year off with better footing and a better grasp at what needs to be done this year. I am hopeful that I will have a job soon.

And while I wouldn't mind a little more sleep--I am ready for the tasks ahead. So, 2012...Bring It!

1 comment:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I am really hoping 2012 brings you the perfect job!!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...