Saturday, February 06, 2010

Please, Oh, Please Go to Bed...

Mostly my children are very good when its time to go to bed. Generally, bedtime is around 8:00 - 8:30 p.m. My husband is usually the Sleep Master. No kidding. The man can get an infant/toddler down in 15 mins. flat. (sometimes quicker!!) The man has super powers. So our routine lately has been for him to put both kids to bed (since Willow tends to want to lay in Michael's bed for a bit to say "good night").

However. Michael's medications sometimes play havoc with his sleep patterns. And Willow. She has never been the regular routine sleeper that Michael was at her age. So, we usually have, on average, one night a week where the kids give us bedtime heck.

This week, it was Thursday night. After trying twice, my husband gave me the reigns to the runaway train...and here is some video!!






Note my son says "9 p.m." then says the real time--9:40 (!)
You can note the irritation in my voice...yeah, I got them to bed finally...and still worked out on the Wii (!)

2 comments:

MrsSpock said...

J doesn't go to bed until 10. He has never seemed to need the super-long stretch a lot of kids do. Kind of sucks, because any me-time in the evening is non-existent. It always shocks me when friends say their toddlers go to bed at 7 and sleep until 6 or 7 am.

Valerie said...

T bone goes down without a fight at 8 each night. I have just started to let him read for 15 or 20 minutes once in bed. Jman on the other hand is not that easy. Heck half the time I am up until 9:30 with him just praying he will sleep.

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...