Monday, September 14, 2009

Perfect Moment Monday

Moment #1: After picking him up from his first day of school, I knew I wanted to do something special for him—perhaps his favorite ice cream stand near our house? Unclear whether that will be a treat he would want, I start to suggest doing something special. He says “Can we go to [the ice cream place]?” We go and he gets his favorite, Mint Oreo, in the warm autumn air.

Moment #2: This morning as I get ready for work I hear her call in a sing song voice from downstairs: “Mmmaammaa, mmmaammaaa”. I look to see her totally naked, swaying back and forth in front of the stair gate. Her dad removes the gate, she climbs up and we play (once I get a diaper on her) on our bed for a few moments before I have to get back to getting ready.

More Perfect Moments Here.

2 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I love how you have a perfect moment with each of your kids.

Both of these are perfect images. Ice cream and mom's intuition!

Heather said...

(Here from Bingo. An ice cream parlor counts as a restaurant, yes?)

Lovely moments--it's a unique kind of joy to realize how well we know our kids.

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...