Saturday, September 12, 2009

Eight Years

Eight years ago. Time seemed to stand still then (so why does it seem a lifetime ago).

He was a little older than she is now (She was not even thought of, how would I realize the journey of the past eight years).

He was too young to understand the unthinkable(I did not even try to explain).

Eight years ago, the world was united (or so it seemed).

Eight years ago, our country was splitting at the seams (I saw it coming, but could do nothing).

Eight years ago, people were mourning losses both personal and public (I am lucky).

Today I hug her and think of those who cannot.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Very thoughtfully put, and beautiful.

Elana Kahn said...

You put it so well. I remember exactly where I was when I heard about the tragedy...and I will always remember that.

Here from Blogger Bingo (a post beginning with the letter E).

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...