Thursday, August 06, 2009

So Flipping Ready for Vacation...

It began like an ordinary night. Picked up Willow (who lately protests being dragged away from the daycare provider's back yard). Picked up Michael (they had a field trip to a roller skating place--where someone broke their wrist--luckily, not my son). Got home--Willow immediately wants milk and a snack. Like RIGHT NOW! Michael says "Can I go on the computer?" Gabby the cat says "FEED ME!" (Yep, that is a normal night)

Then. Willow was a bit irritable tonight. And a bit curious. And she got into EVERYTHING. Allowing me not to make dinner, or clean up the crunchy cereal that she threw all over the living room floor this morning that my husband IM'd me about 2 hours ago saying he did not have time to clean it up this morning....

And then she is pulling books off shelves. Then, when I see that Michael has gone outside to play with his friend, I see them trying to skateboard DOWN our driveway into on coming traffic. So, I stop them. And then Willow has now seen the SWINGS in my neighbors yard. And is trying to get to them...through the dirty path way. In her pajamas I just struggled to get her into...

So, 20 mins (or 5 hours, if you are mommy) later, DADDY comes home. And we take Willow off the swing (screaming) into the house. I make dinner, the boys come in to the house to play, Willow makes a further mess with her dinner...

Later, after more book pulling, screeeching, and Michael bouncing on our furniture...we take them up to bed. Going into our bedroom we see what looks like TONS of dandruff on our bed (luckily, my husbands side of the bed...). While we wonder where that came from, wheather it was the ceiling crumbling, or bugs in our bed..., our son confesses--he used the Pedi-Sure foot scrubber...and those are flakes of his heel (!). Promptly, my husband rips the sheets off the bed....

While he puts the kids to bed, I pack a little, I go downstairs to clean up the kitchen...I go into the bathroom...and step in a puddle of water...yep, our toilet is leaking into the basement (again).

Yep. I need a flipping vacation already.

6 comments:

JJ said...

You also need a tall glass of WINE! Goodness!

Caro said...

Wow, you do need a vacation.

All the stuff you wrote about Willow happens in our house most nights and I struggle with that, without adding the extra stuff in.

Serenity said...

Almost there.

And I'm with JJ. I'd have had a nice glass of wine. Maybe two. :)

xxx

Jendeis said...

What a night! You definitely deserve a vacation. :)

AwkwardMoments said...

oh, I so understand this..

MrsSpock said...

Foot rubbins'- ew!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...