Taking from Kicking You From the Inside
1. How long have you been a Mom? Almost 10 years
2. How many children call you Mommy? None. Willow is too young. My son stopped calling me “mommy” since he was 5 years old—its mom.
3. Girl? Boy? or both?: both
4. Did you know what you were having? Yep. Wouldn’t have it any other way.
5. How old were you when you became a Mom? 30
6. How long were you in labor? 12 + hours; then Emergency C-Section – Michael was in distress. Willow - Scheduled C-Section (so much easier!)
7. What’s your favorite thing about being a Mom? Hugging, cuddling them when they unexpectedly come into our bed at night. Even though, in the morning, my neck and back aches..its worth it.
8. What’s your least favorite thing? Feeling like I have too much to do and not enough time.
9. Do you want more kids? Got my perfect set – FINALLY.
10. Do you plan on having more soon? Nope.
11. How many times have you been pee’d on? Not as many times as with Michael.
12. Barfed on? I think spit up counts—then, I would say a google worth.
13. Is your child named after anyone? Yes.
14. How did you come up with their name? 1) Father’s father; 2) cool Buffy witch
15. When your child gets in trouble, who is the bad guy? Me. I am the bad guy. I don’t like to be, but I am.
16. What is the longest you have been away from your children? A scrapbook weekend away.
17. Bedtime routine? Michael – have dinner with us; watch a Simpsons or Futurama or Spongebob – read a book; brush teeth, get in pjs—if mom taking him to bed, I read him a book; if dad, he tells him a story or they talk about Star Wars or D&D.
Willow – Playtime; Breast feed; 2 solids; play time; breast feed—put to bed. Or, if that doesn’t work—formula. (Baths are every other day or so)
18. Are your toes painted? Never.
19. Last movie you saw in the theater? Dark Knight with husband and Michael.
20. One thing you will not give up just because you’re a mom? Being a Geek.
21. One thing you did give up now that you’re a mom: Being sillier—I was a lot sillier when I was in college. I try to be silly now and again—but, sometimes I am too busy—and sometimes I have to be the serious one (see #15)
22. Best Mom perk: Seeing your kids smile at you.
23. Snack, you sneak bites from your child? Nope (unless its chocolate)
24. When the kid is napping, you are: In fantasy land! Both my kids barely nap—if they nap—I worry!
25. Where is your child(ren) now? 4th Grade; Daycare
26. Favorite place to buy maternity clothes? Target
27. If I could do it over…I would have appreciated my time at home more.
28. Did it turn out the way you expected? Yes. I think that, overall, it's been everything I thought with some extra stress and extra wonderfulness thrown in.
Lots of changes here at the moment...as I was laid off from my position last Friday because business was slow... Silver lining is I was ...
This is why I love the school years at Willow's age. I get inundated with TONS of projects and drawings and colorings and rainbows a...
Recently, online, I saw an article about some parents getting upset because a school had sent out a notice that kids would not be making &qu...
That was a quick weekend! Michael had a driving lesson, Willow is prepping for her recital on 20th. She is going to be playing piano an...