Monday, May 21, 2007

Not looking good...Update

Update: Yep, BFN. No babies in February for Michael's birthday! Well, to say the least we are dissapointed, but I do think it was good to POAS on Monday morning, cuz it gave me a chance to deal. And while I am definately going to get at least a little tipsy tonight, I think I am almost ready to deal with going for another IVF Cycle. We have a consult with our Dr. on June 8th and we will see where it goes from there.

But, all things considered, IVF was not as awful as my fears. I did not go off the hormonal deep end (too much); I got used to giving myself the shots; I even survived the Egg Retrieval. SO, I guess another go around is in the cards--and I think I will be able to handle it.


We broke down and got a Home Pregnancy Test. This morning, the stick had a clearly distinct ONE pink line. Not even a faint second line. Nada. Zip. Zero.

Now, I know that there is a chance that its too early for POAS (Pee On A Stick), and maybe the blood test on Wednesday will be different--but the likely hood is, that we are not pregnant.

And yes, I am jumping the gun a bit on the negative outlook, but it actually is giving me time to grieve now, so that on Wednesday, when they tell me its a BFN (Big Fat Negative), I can be ready to start looking towards---IVF #2!!! (Oh Joy!)

No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...