Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Anxious

Chewy took today off so we could just relax a little before he goes on his business trip. Tomorrow we will start seriously packing him up; Friday evening he leaves.

While I am used to his wacky hours and being the main parent at home during the week, both of us are experiencing anxiety about this coming week.

He hates traveling and it is a Looooong flight(s); me because I will be holding down the homestead (I really give kudos to those single parents out there--seriously!)

While he has been having some long hours the last month, he has still been within reach (not to mention he has usually given me a break during the weekends). After Friday, he will be 7 hours ahead of me. He has been on business trips before, so I know the drill. However, this is going to be the first time soooo far away and first time with Willow too.

I know he has the harder week coming up and I worry about him--which is hard to do with kids around because I don't want them to worry too...so--

Plans for the coming week--

--Get out of the house and enjoy the fall weather (please don't rain!)

--Buffy marathon with the boy

--Frequent Skyping with Chewy for all our sanities

--Chocolate

--Judging Amy

--IMs and emails to that guy I love


Photobucket

1 comment:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I will be thinking of you guys as Chewy has his big trip.

Hope the kids are perfect little angels for you while he's gone and that the time passes quickly.

Safe travels to your hubby!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...