Thoughts on a Rainy Day

As I drive to work in the rain. Thinking.

Thinking about her kiss last night. How open mouthed and sticky. How her personality is forming and shaping. She is still a baby in many ways, but she is becoming more independent and curious each day. She is becoming another. She is becoming my daughter. I still find it hard to believe that I have a daughter. The hopes and fears I have for her are endless. As is my love for her.

Looking at him the other night at bedtime. Sometimes I spend some time just looking at him. While he talks to me, as I listen, I look at his eyes, bright and shining. The curve of his mouth. He is getting taller, almost my height. He is sometimes so mysterious to me, this first born child. I understand him and yet we can be distant sometimes. But here, in his room, before he goes to sleep. We know each other’s heart. I read to him and I remember him younger than he is. I wonder who he is; what he will accomplish. I will never admit it to anyone, but he has a special place in my heart that no one else can go.

Comments

JJ said…
So beautiful....lots of love for those kiddos!
Martha said…
This post touched my heart, thank you for sharing your love of your sweet children. Thank you also for reminding me of my blessings w/my two sons.
Cibele said…
so touching... save this so they can ready when hey are older. You are a great mommy
Aw, this is beautiful!
MrsSpock said…
I have to agree, there is a special place we have for each child.
KimboSue said…
This touched my heart! (TEAR)
Dreamer4agift said…
What a wonderful post.

Popular posts from this blog

Random Fact Friday

#MicroBlog Monday Good Grief...

She's with me