Sunday, July 25, 2021

Unexpected Fun

We were not sure what to do yesterday. We just wanted to make sure we enjoyed the weather, this Saturday that was finally not rainy or heat wavy.

We had decided on a butterfly sanctuary. Willow randomly informed us that she hates butterflies... apparently..  We were half-heartedly getting ready to go when I got a text from one of my best friends.  "Do you have any plans today?" "Do you wanna come to my house and hang out at my pool?"

Off we went on an impromptu day of fun and friendship.  I got to play in a pool with my kids.  I got to see and hear my kids happy, laughing and smiling.  I got to talk and spend time with everyone I love.  Later, we went to a socially distanced movie and dinner theater.  

It was wonderful and so much fun.  I am so glad I had a friend who thought of us.  And that we dropped everything to seize the day.



Been a long time since I have seen Michael in a pool...he had a lot of fun!

Ana and me.







No comments:

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...