Monday, June 05, 2017

#MicroBlog Monday - Graduating

To see more participants for #MicroBlog Monday, Click HERE...


-------------------------------

Yesterday, Michael Graduated from High School.  I cannot believe it even though I was there.  I was there when he was born, I was there when he started Kindergarten.  I was there when he was diagnosed with ADHD/Anxiety Disorder.  I was there in middle school when he was diagnosed as having High Functioning Aspergers...I was there and my heart hurt when he crashed and burned his Freshman year of High School...when I realized that our son was not only a little quirky, but needed more help then the public school could provide.  I was there when he finally started to gain his footholds into adulthood.  I was there at the IEP meeting when the out-placement school was astounded at the progress he has made.  

I still cannot believe he is 18 years old and in 7 days, no longer a High School student.  

But.  It happened.  




But, the most important thing that happened this weekend...I was able to capture a smile on this child of mine...who seldom lets himself be so unguarded (especially near cameras):


Perhaps he will start showing this side of him more often, as he grows into himself.

----------

Meanwhile....there's this to look forward to....


3 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Wow,congrats to Michael!

Journeywoman said...

Congratulations to Michael!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

What an enormous accomplishment! Congratulations, Michael (and to his parents who worked hard to help him reach this point. So... really... Go Family!)

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...