Sunday, May 13, 2012

Low Key - Mother's Day 2012

With Michael being a teen and Willow being four--it has been low key for Mother's Day (not that we ever do anything that over the top--usually I get to sleep in, have breakfast in bed, perhaps a few home made gifts, then dinner out).  But, because of various circumstances, we changed things up this year.

We went out to dinner last night at a Japanese Steakhouse.  It was the same one we went to for my birthday last year.

Then the actual definition of mom was in play--at 4 a.m. this morning.  When Willow came into our bedroom soaking wet.  Yep, she had an accident in her bed, so we got up...just like a well oiled, sleepy machine--we got her bedding off her bed, got her into new pjs and got her bed re-set up.  And then she wanted to sleep in her bed.  Which we let her do.  (Dad was able to move her to her bed later.)

Everyone let me sleep in until 8:30 - 9:00 a.m.  Michael came in with a laptop to wish me Happy Mother's Day with a go.og.le doo.dle.  Willow came in later in her footie pjs, baseball cap, and a spectre with a skull head to wish me the same.  (Her gift she made at preschool was given to me earlier this week...she is not good on keeping surprises...)

Later we will be going to take my mom to lunch.
Photobucket

No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...