Friday, May 04, 2012

Getting Physicals

The last couple of years I have had the kids get their check ups together.  Mainly because scheduling time to take off work can become bothersome. So far it has worked even though their ages and genders are different.  Michael hasn't hit puberty--I am sure next year will be different and we will have to make separate appointments.

We went to the doctor's appointment after school.  Michael went first.  The dynamic is different now as he is old enough to answer the doctor's questions on his own (generally speaking).  Being the big brother, he did real well with his shot too.  He is almost as tall as me (I have 3 inches on him) and he has gained some weight (which is good because before he was too skinny).

Willow's turn and she had no problem--although she did start early on the "I don't want a shot" whining...

She had two shots--loved how the doctor came in and basically ran in and made one stab on each arm--it was like Buffy the Vampire Slayer!  Of course, Willow was still upset...the promise of lollipops eased the hurt though.  (She did say she is "never, ever" having a shot again).

Willow is almost four feet tall and is growing quite well!  She made sure to not only stand on one foot, but to then hop around on alternating feet.

Getting a urine sample from Willow, she then said she needed to BM...luckily not on my hands that were holding her sample cup underneath.  I took the urine sample, leaving her to finish...for the next few minutes we were all treated to her song stylings while doing her bathroom duty.

While waiting for our physical form print outs, the kids sat in the waiting area eating their lollipops.  Some teenage girls were leaving and one of them said "Hi Michael."  Which meant that he cringed while sucking on his lollipop...so teenager!  I talked with a lady nearby about him being shy about the girls...and he made sure to point out to us that he did not acknowledge them because he HATES one of the girls  (who made sure to address him twice)....the lady and I chuckled at how that HATE usually becomes something else....

1 comment:

Pale said...

Very funny post. Whew. I'm always glad to get all those physicals out of the way ....

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...