Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween Happenings

The Halloween Party went off without a hitch. I made more food than necessary (marshmallow eyeballs and mummy hot dogs and, of course, the "famous" jello brain--for some reason this is always a big hit). We had them play some games, they ran around, they (mostly the boys) danced to music. I have some interesting video of my son and another "grim reaper" dancing to "Don't Fear the Reaper"...at one point my son uses his syche as a guitar...but I digress. The bobbing for apples, as usual, was the BIG event--and Willow was intrigued...because, when it comes to anything with water--this girl LOVES it! So, she tried to bob for apples too. After using mini pumpkins for pumpkin bowling, we used the mini pumpkins for bobbing too! (A new tradition born) All in all, we had a fun and exhausting time--the clean up is still going on...

The next day we went to Halloween Town in Boston. We had a blast there. Willow got to see her second Dan Zanes concert, Michael went through a Haunted Mine, and there were tons of fun and games. I even saw a really good Jabba the Hut costume.

And Halloween isn't over yet, of course! We have Michael's school Halloween Party on Friday (they really do it up!) and this year, since he is in 5th Grade (the top of the school food chain) he gets to hand out candy to the younger grades for a while. THEN, Saturday, Willow's gym class has a Halloween party--and then HALLOWEEN! (Well, at least I am getting my money's worth on the costumes!)

Hopefully, I will download some pictures next post...

2 comments:

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Yes, we need to see lots of pictures! It sounds like you guys have been having a blast.

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Yes, photos! It sounds like all of your hard work paid off!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...