Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Show & Tell # 38

This new day for Show & Tell is kicking my butt...so, I...uh...I am the one with a Geode....

Hmmm...okay...

Not only do we like board games and going to gaming conventions, but we love video games. We have an X-Box, a Wii and a tricked out PC for computer games. PARENTAL NOTE: I do limit video game (and television) time. But I also LOVE playing games and watching movies/television with my kids. I think we do a great job striking a balance.

I have gotten video games for my birthday, and currently Michael and I have gotten back into one of the games I got for a birthday present--
Spongebob Squarepants Battle of Bikini Bottom. Husband is playing a PC game right now, a game called Knights of the Old Republic . He says "Yes, its a five year old game, but it just is really good!" (He even bought it for the X-Box for me a few years back, so conceivably we could play a different game of the same game at the same time!! (Yep, we are geeks)


We really love our Wii, and lately we have been playing with our Wii Fit and Rock Band (which we got last year for husband's birthday).



Willow likes it too!

Show and Tell
Click to see who else is Showing & Telling.

11 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

Oh! So cute!

We don't own any video games at all. Isn't that shocking in this day and age?

Kristin said...

Willow is adorable with the drum sticks. My hubby and I love games too but don't always get the time we would like to play them.

Christy said...

Willow just made me smile, hugely, at the end of a very busy and stressful day. Bless you for this.

Caro said...

We have a wii and an xbox too. Great picture of Willow.

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! We love video games too - in fact we play the Wii Fit and Gold's Gym cardio boxing workout nightly :)

Cibele said...

Willow you are too cute!!!!!!!!!!

Emmy said...

The company my husband works for made the Sponge Bob games! Needless to say, we have lots of games in our house! Enjoy!

Beautiful Mess said...

Too cute! How fun! We're a gaming geeky family, too. Although I tend to lean more toward the easier games while Husband loves the mulit-player online games.
*HUGS*

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Both my beloved and I are geeky computer game people... I like the more arcade types of things (Mario, Zuma, etc) whereas he prefers the things like Civilization.

I love that pic of your little one! Way too cute!

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I adore the picture of Willow. Such a cutie!

I will admit that we watch too much TV, though it isn't on if Harry is awake (for now). We used to play more video games but haven't as much lately. Maybe we'll do so this summer in the evenings instead of Netflix-ing TV shows we missed the first time around (or miss post-cancellation).

N7 said...

OMG SUCH A FREAKING CUTE PICTURE OF HER!!!!!!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...