Saturday, September 27, 2008

Show & Tell #11

Show and Tell

Tonight we went out for the first time without either of our kids. We left them in the care of a new babysitter (which worked out very well--my kids impressed her and she impressed us).

The place we went to was here.

Here are some pictures from the last time we went there:



It was to celebrate our anniversary:


And it was to pamper ourselves before we did the long trails and tribulations of IVF (Cycle One of Two). We stayed at the hotel overnight, we went to this restaurant for dinner and to this one before for lunch. In between lunch and dinner, we went to a Spa for massages. It was a wonderful anniversary and a wonderful way to disassociate ourselves from the first part of the infertility tango (the years of TTC, the tests, etc.) and to start fresh for the IVF cycles to come.

As we went to these two places tonight, it was amazing to me that only a little under 2 years has passed. And how much we have went through. And how much we have gained.

9 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Beautiful restaurant and pictures. That is so cool you got some couple time. Thanks also for your comment on my blog.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

I tend to stay away from steakhouses since I'm a vegetarian, but I went to Finale last week when I was in Boston!

battynurse said...

Beautiful restaurant. Dessert looks yummy too!

Kristin said...

How beautiful. The dessert looks scrumptious.

Cara said...

I LOVE that you do these kind of special things for yourself - as a couple!

New babysitters are always a learning curve, but it sounds like yours worked out fine.

Congrats!

AwkwardMoments said...

what a fancy beautiful restaurant. I am so glad you were able to get out and have some adult fun

Sam said...

wow what a lovely way to spend an anniversary - particularly the "happy anniversary" plate!

Malky B. said...

I think the "Happy Anniversary" plate is so cool - more restaurants should do that. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Kate said...

Nights out are sooo awesome! I'm glad you two enjoyed yours. BTW, thank you so much for the birthday letter! It really brightened my day. :)

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...