Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Some type of Routine

Getting into a routine of sorts and it certainly helps with the depression. The med has kicked in too, so all in all, things are going well. Michael is back at school, and his routine is almost back to the way it was before--weirdly, he was the one I was worried about being affected by the new addition, and he is the least affected. He gets to play a bit more video games lately, but otherwise, I am starting to get the hang of juggling a newborn and meeting the needs of an ADHD 9 year old.

Willow is doing very well. Right now she has some baby acne, and she still LOVES scratching her face, no matter how many times I trim her nails. Basically breast feeding on demand, which is wearing me down as sometimes that means every HOUR--esp. in the early evening, but seems to keep her happy and healthy. During the day she is still mostly sleeping, although she is having more and more wakeful times (when she is not demanding to be fed). She is totally into faces (esp. her mom, dad and brother)and her hands, learning to clasp them and suck her fingers. She is still not fitting in most of her clothes, but have received more as gifts--can't wait to see her in some of the cute outfits (some are kinda girlie--I'll deal).

I am doing pretty well. As long as I schedule out my weeks, and have somewhere/something to do, I feel pretty much in control.

4 comments:

JJ said...

Routines are my saving grace--and Im not near as busy as you my friend!
Glad you are doing well! Love seeing pictures of your sweet family=)

Kate said...

I am glad you are feeling better. Luke loves to scratch his face, too!

Shelby said...

I hear you on routines!! I completely lose it if I don't have things planned out. I'm so glad to hear that the meds are kicking in, and that you're feeling a bit better. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're doing better. It took me about 7months after I had my little one before I could start feeling somewhat normal.
Surprisingly the more I added to my routine the better I was feeling, I was complaining of having so much to do with 2 little ones, a 2yr old and a newborn but that's what kept me going (staying busy) didn't have time to think or get blue ;)

Looking forward to more pics.

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...