Sunday, December 29, 2013

Willow Goes to the Nutcracker

Originally the plan was for all of us to go to a simulcast of a Nutcracker movie.  It was cheaper than going to the theater, and we could be in a comfortable movie theater near home.

And then a snowstorm canceled the show.

People at work knew about this.  And that is how one of the lawyers got me an incredible birthday present.

She purchased two tickets to a matinee performance of the Boston Ballet Nutcracker so that I could take Willow.

It was a wonderful experience mother/daughter experience and I will treasure it forever.

The performances were wonderful, there were lots of little girls dressed up and the sets and everything was memorable.  The look on Willow's eyes after the curtain fell for intermission...the wonder and amazement.  It was so worth it.  It was so fun and so fulfilling--I almost don't feel bad that someone side-swiped my car in the parking garage!  [sigh]

I often feel that one of the most important things in life is to experience it.  Is to explore and enjoy it.  And this was one of those times.  (If you ever want to get me a gift--take me out, do something with me...I will treasure it!)

I bought her a new dress to go to the show.  This is her posing for the camera before we left.

The seats were perfect and we could see everything!  (Oh, and the person next to her complimented her on her dress)



Afterwards, we went out to eat, just the two of us.

By then, she was getting a little punchy--but I am so glad that someone asked if we wanted a picture taken. together.

No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...