Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thoughtful Tuesdays

JJ has a wonderful idea for posts on Tuesdays expressing either something that you are thankful for, something that you have witnessed that was an act of kindness or something that you have done to "pay it forward".

For this first Thoughtful Tuesday, I will talk about what I have done to "pay it forward".

Earlier this year I joined a social group for women dealing with infertility. Originally I joined to get myself out there more socially (I tend to be an introvert). I also thought that this was a way to lend support to people who were going through the hard trails of being infertile.

Last month, the founder and leader of the group asked me if I would take over running this organization, as she was stepping down. I feel more of an obligation to provide support and social opportunities for these incredible women since I have experienced what they are going through--not just from what I had to go through, but through the many connections I have had through the IF community on-line.

Hopefully I will be able to keep this wonderful organization running.

Read more Thoughtful Tuesday Posts HERE.

1 comment:

JJ said...

First, thanks for participating!

And second--WOW! I am so proud of you! I know you are going to do a great job with this group, and offer so much support to the women in it!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...