Thursday, October 04, 2007

Got to go Early to the OB!

I had my first initial OB visit scheduled for next Thursday, but they called me last night and said they had a cancellation for TODAY. Sooo...I was so relieved to hear the heartbeat!!! And then I got all the litanies of blood tests, the paperwork, the going over of history, etc. etc. And a pap smear!?! (I don't recall that happening my last pregnancy!) I so like this office...it was a far different experience from the first time. That one, I went to a very big practice, mainly male docs. This is a smaller practice, I did not see one male person IN THE WHOLE OFFICE. (Nothing against men, but -- WOW!). It was so homey and friendly and nice and not like a typical Doc office. I haven't even met the OB yet (who I heard was GREAT by everyone I have talked to)...this was just the initial consult with the N.P. Very happy so far though...and relieved, too.

(Now, can I talk about the BIG jug I have to fill with 24 hours worth of pee?!?!?)

Oh, and I bought my first baby related item (could this actually be happening?)

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I love it! Yeah on getting in early and loving the place. That really makes a huge difference.

Cibele said...

SO CUTE!!! loved it. I haven’t had the courage to buy anything yet, just a baby book.
I am so glad you got to hear the heartbeat again. I went o my second Ob visit and heard too, Wednesday I had a little scare and had to go for a scan. Thank God baby was there with a strong heartbeat...

Natalie said...

First item, woohoo!

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...