Wednesday, February 21, 2024

A Quarter of a Century..

This past post mainly sums up my thoughts on Michael:
https://polantworld.blogspot.com/2017/02/michael.html

Today, he is 25 years old.  TWENTY-FIVE! I cannot imagine my life without him and I cannot imagine him as an adult---but he is definitely not "mine" anymore.  He is growing and maturing into the adult he is/will be.  I am lucky I still get to see him every day, while he lives at home with us and commutes to college.  

Our mother/son dynamic had a rocky time a few years ago (teen years SUCK, as we can still attest to with Willow)...but the last three years have been a mending time and I think Michael and I have a better, stronger relationship now.

Its still a challenge and the world is not always kind to someone who is neurodivergent.  But...this year he has taken on challenges and faced them, making me a little less worried about his future. 

Now, tonight we celebrate at---LEGAL SEAFOODs!  

Happy Birthday, Michael!

Part of Birthday festivities--going to Evil Dead the Musical!

Holding Baragon.






Buying an ASH figure from Uncle Tom...

When he worked at CVS this past year.




No comments:

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...