Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Pushing my comfort level - totally worth it...

This weekend I took a road trip with my daughter.  I took her to see a K-Pop group that she likes, Black-Pink.  Not something I would normally listen to, but actually, I kinda like them.  

The closest they were playing was New Jersey.  Four hours away.  Haven't driven that long by myself in a while, and as I get older, I can feel anxiety creeping in when I am doing anything that is a bit outside my comfort level.  

The good news is that I pushed through that anxiety--and had a really fun adventure with my daughter!

And there was a lot of times for anxiety:

  • Long drive with traffic and not knowing where I was going
  • The battery on my cell phone is starting to loose its staying power
  • Going to a hotel...in New Jersey (!)
  • Going to a stadium concert--where....
  • The seats were so high up, both Willow and I were feeling a bit of vertigo
  • Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening me.. (Galileo) Galileo, (Galileo) Galileo,  Galileo Figaro magnifico...

So, the drive was long and there was a fifteen minute drive around the block several times to find the hotel entrance...there was the a thunderstorm during the concert, there was not-so-cheap take out food before the concert and expensive treats that were yummy at the concert.

The show was spectacular and I was impressed at their showmanship and the fact that they continued the show in the rain.

We finished the adventure the next day by having a decent/expensive buffet breakfast at the hotel...and a little trip around some seedy parts of New Jersey (thanks to navigation not telling me to "take that LEFT") and some views of NYC...and then our stand-by--Vernon's Diner in Connecticut!

I look forward to more adventures with my daughter!

Rest stop on the way there in Connecticut.


Finally at the hotel!










At the hotel again...

Jerry Lewis wants YOU - when you get out of the elevator to our room!

Next morning!

Next Morning!


Breakfast!

Apparently, the restaurant is named after the gangster...


Almost home!



No comments:

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...