Saturday, August 13, 2022

Fans, fandom and Cosplay Oh My

Today we went to the Boston Fan Expo.  Its like Comic Con on steroids.  

First time in such big crowds, but since Chewy and I got our boosters...and we are in MA, I feel "pretty" safe for the Covid...but, it is still kinda weird because of the last three years...

We went because--well, because I had promised myself if David Tennant ever came to a convention I could get to, I would go.  And he is coming to THIS one....BUT

Apparently not today!  

He was supposed to.  I had the Photo Op ticket, I had the cool T-Shirt...and at 12:40 was my time...and at 12 o'clock...the official word was that he wasn't here yet, and they would not know until 2 p.m. IF he was coming today.  

It all worked out in the end....(well, I hope):

We had fun, we hung out until the official word came out...everyone was happy (well, I was a bit disappointed...) and it was a good time despite it all.

AND--he is coming TOMORROW and they gave me a free voucher for the exhibition (the photo op ticket was separate) and HOPEFULLY, tomorrow, Willow and I will get a photo with Mr. Tennant (who is a really great guy and nice to his fans, so I am sure it was something he had no control over, etc.)  :-)

Meanwhile... some PICTURES:

My Cool Shirt:















Michael took some pictures too...so I hope he shares them with me and I will upload 'em...

No comments:

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...