Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Past Times

As we deal with new normals, each of us have our new "past times".

After looking for employment, I spend my days running errands and going to scheduled classes for aqua aerobics or boxing.  I am especially enjoying the aqua zumba classes.

Meanwhile, Michael just finished his final exams today.  He doesn't have classes until September now. Giving him a week to relax and then he will be looking for a summer job.  The main focus is on him driving every day and getting ready to take his road test.  He is doing pretty well, but I am a little cautious on whether he will be ready for driving in the fall...

Willow and Michael are older children now, which means that there are times when they disappear in their rooms for hours and you are not sure what they are doing...sometimes it can be very surprising.  Michael often is creating or painting models.  Willow...well...

Willow came downstairs the other day, humming a song that sounded very familiar to me...and she let me know that she was listening to the Hamilton Soundtrack while playing video games on her Kindle.  She said "hey, I am really musical, you know!"  Which is true...she is still doing very well with her piano and singing classes!

-------------

Mother's Day was very nice this year, which was wonderful, as before the day both Willow and I were missing my mother.  I hadn't realized that Willow was feeling sad and missing her until it came up in her therapy session.  I was worried that I would be more sad on the day, but it was actually one of the best ones I have had in a while...so it made me happy and thankful for my family.

Willow and Michael have both enjoyed the warmer weather in the hammock.

One of Willow's costumes for her upcoming recital.

With others in her singing group (and their costumes--it was costume fitting day on Saturday)

Saturday--with her best friend Kayla...

Mother's Day breakfast -- Dad's french toast, scrambled eggs by Willow, Cocoa Puffs by Michael

A Card!!

Ice cream after Laser Tag!

Japanese Steakhouse--both kids sat next to me--and Michael Smiled!!  :-)

No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...