Monday, May 02, 2011

Perfect Moment Monday

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between. For more Perfect Moments, go HERE



I look forward to Perfect Moment Monday. Mostly for the selfish reason of trying to put down in black and white something intangible about my life, my children. I hope that someday they will read these posts as one goes over a photo album.

I also look forward to reading other people's Perfect Moments. Sometimes they make me laugh, sometimes they make me more thoughtful and thankful. And often times I can relate to them. Please click on the above link and read some really beautiful Perfect Moments! (and I mean, there are some really great ones this week, and I really was not even going to post because I was kind of intimidated!!)

Moment #1: She is out with the big kids. I am putting my trust in her brother and his friend to watch out for her (I kinda know what I am doing on this). But, after fifteen minutes, I cannot stand it. I come out to see how they are doing. She is fine and I watch them play. They look out for her and play with her. And I can see that she is not just a baby any more. Then the big kids gravitate towards our neighbor's trampoline (of death, as I like to call it). I have given up warning my son from the trampoline (it is old style without a netting, high off the ground, etc.). Oh...but I always am a sucker for a trampoline and wish I had spent more time on one when I was younger. So when she asks if she can try it...I cannot help myself. I lift her up and instruct her ever so carefully. I hold her hand as she jumps. The boys help her too. I gravely insist that she cannot go on this trampoline except when her father or I are here. And I let go. It is dangerous, it is exhilarating, it is hard to let her go. But, in the end she will fly. And all I can do is watch and hope that others are there to watch over her too.

Moment #2: Putting him to bed. For once, she is asleep before him so I can spend more time with him. And we talk about X-Men and the complexities of the Phoenix saga. And I recall why I love his geek passions--because they remind me of being that age. And I don't want him to go to bed just yet.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys and is in awe of other people's perfect moments.

This part gave me goosebumps: And I let go. It is dangerous, it is exhilarating, it is hard to let her go. But, in the end she will fly.

And she will.

Kristin said...

Delenn, please don't ever let the other perfect moments stop you from posting yours. I always identify so closely with what you post and I would seriosuly miss it if you ever didn't post on a perfect moment Monday.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

My IL's have a trampoline from when M was a teenager so it needs to be retired. Smooch loves it and he is only allowed when someone else is actually on it with him.

Keep the perfect moments coming!

Kathy said...

I got choked up by your perfect moments this week. Thank you for sharing. As Kristin said, I look forward to reading and commenting on yours. What you write often reminds and helps me to appreciate those special moments with our children at these wonderful ages that we can't get back.

Ratna said...

Thanks for sharing. This is great. Noticing your moments and theirs. And yes Lori I got goosebumps on that part too

Shell said...

This is a very sweet idea!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...