Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Earwig Sync

Watched Tangled again today with Willow.  We bought it with Birthday Money--figured she had several Rapunzel dolls now...and the repeated showings have begun.  It was a cold and rainy day, so it was actually nice to snuggle up with her and watch.  I like this movie and find her one of the least annoying Dis*ney Pr*in*ces*ses around.  We actually went to the theater to see it originally--I think Willow was not quite as impressed.  Now it has struck her.

This song is stuck in my head:

Seven A.M., the usual morning line-up
Start on the chores, and sweep 'til the floor's all clean
Polish and wax, do laundry and mop and shine up
Sweep again
And by then
It's, like, seven-fifteen

And so I'll read a book
Or maybe two or three
I'll add a few new paintings
To my gallery
I'll play guitar and knit and cook
And basic'ly
Just wonder, when will my life begin

Then, after lunch, it's puzzles, and darts,and baking...
Paper-mache, a bit of ballet, and chess....
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle-making...
Then I'll stretch
Maybe sketch
[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/t/tangled-lyrics/when-will-my-life-begin-lyrics.html ]
Take a climb
Sew a dress

And I'll re-read the books
If I have time to spare
I'll paint the wall some more
I'm sure there's room somewhere
And then I'll brush, and brush
And brush, and brush my hair
Stuck in the same place I've always been
And I'll keep wond'ring
And wond'ring
And wond'ring
And wond'ring
When will my life begin.....

I think it kinda syncs into how I feel about my life right now.  We are stuck in a bit of a rut...well, especially me...I am stuck in a rut.  I have been unemployed for almost a year now.  I have taken advantage of this time (mostly).  And I have been pretty successful in getting my resume out there and getting interviews.  I have just not landed a job YET.   And I am wondering when the rest of my life can begin again...

Sounds kind of pathetic when I say that but it is true.  I am definitely not defined by my job.  And I can tell you that I have genuinely enjoyed having this extra time with the kids.  BUT.  I am not a person who likes to be idle.  I am not a person who likes to be without a firm plan.  Being unemployed causes both those things.  Not to mention the financial burden or the fact that without the extra money home improvements are out.  Or that we are going to need a newer car eventually....or the million other things running in my head.

Basically, I am to the point that I have run out of things to do...now I want my life to get back on track again.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hoping that something comes your way soon so that you can feel more settled. Hang in there.

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...