Monday, October 04, 2010

Scattering of Moments

Conversations with women from various points of views; good food; good drink; good laughs.

Calls from home with pleas to come home, bringing tears but also joy to realize that there is a little one there to come home to.

Sights and sounds of a different town; more friends to meet and greet as old friends off of the battlefield.

Intimate conversations into the night; playing a game coyly, laughlingly.

Bunking down on air mattresses, a girls sleep-over.

Chocolate.

Coming home to "Mommymommymommy!! You are here!!" (as she pokes me to just make sure); the boy giving me a silly grin and smiling eyes that show me how much he missed me than mere words can say.

Snuggling on the couch after they are to bed and falling asleep in his lap...like I usually do.

6 comments:

Caro said...

Sounds lovely

JJ said...

Such a beautiful recap!

I so wish we could play the train game again--that was a lot of fun--even though some of us cheat ;)

It meant so much to me to hug you in person! Thanks for making the trip!

Cibele said...

perfection!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

awww....can't wait to get all the juicy details.

if you're telling them, that is.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Would have loved to meet you and JJ, in spite of the cheating.

And did you say "chocolate?"

Life Happens said...

It was so awesome meeting all the lovely ladies!! I'm glad to put faces to names. Can't wait for the next trip....maybe NorthEAST somewhere?!

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...