Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Show & Tell #52

"As the party approaches the cluster of small fishing boats at first they are met with stunned silence. As the fishermen piece together what their eyes are telling them namely Dwarves wearing the mark of their former allies and trading partners, the tail of the dreaded Manticore which has ruined their way of life and killed many men, women, and children they begin to cheer and raise their arms in salute. Sensing the moment the Fighter raises the spiked tail whipping the fishermen into a fenzy. Shouts of "The Dwarves from the island have returned!" and "What treasure!" are heard. Several of them jump out of their boats and swim to the party's boat. After some confusion and the near swamping of the boat the leader restores some sense of order and begins talking to the group. The Fighter with support from the party relates the first of many tellings of the battle with the Manticore explaining that he and the Cleric are distant relatives of the island clan of Dwarves known to the villagers and that one of their cousins had been turned to stone. The imp now in crow form makes several loud guffaws as the Dwarves spin their tale but he is largely ignored and the party enjoys a hero's welcome as they are setup with three rooms at the inn one for the Dwarves, Wizard, and the Lady. The treasure is melted down into bars free of charge and given the different sizes of the coins yields a weight of 5000gp. After getting cleaned up and suppplied with fresh clothing a banquet is to be held that night. Lastly two ships are dispatched to get the remaining treasure and sailors from the island.

In talking to the town elders it is discovered that the village has been hit by hard times. The village church was abandoned several years ago as a giant monster had come up from the Dwarven tunnel near the graveyard. Also, several villagers had turned into Half-Fishmen and left by that tunnel. Trade with Freeport has been sporatic due to the Goblin pirates and the fact that the towns whaling ship is in drydock because of them and the Manticore. Lastly a strange symbol (Elder sign) is explained to have power over the Fishmen and responsible for saving the town and stopping the curse that had been changing villagers into them. This symbol was given to the town by wandering Elves but without any further explanation. The Druid recognizes this symbol as possibly being of Druidic origin."


I'm the Druid. What do you do on your friday nights?*




*Lately, my husband and a few friends have been playing D&D every other Friday night. My husband is a wicked mage, I am a tree hugging hippie druid, one of our friends is a dwarf fighter (who obviously likes to BRAG), and the other friend is a dwarf cleric. Another friend is the DM (Dungeon Master) and he wrote the above scenerio after last week's adventure...



Show and Tell

Click to see who else is Showing and Telling.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Once A Mother said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Once A Mother said...

Good for you :) You left us hanging... what was it?

..al said...

Role Playing ...interesting...

Lynn said...

Sounds like you have a lot of fun! The Hubs enjoys playing Magic: The Gathering and taught me to play with him a few years ago. Although I'm not really into it, I'll let him talk me into playing every once in a while :D

romancing_the_stone said...

I love that you are a "tree hugging druid"!!!! Shell

Miriam said...

I love it. My husband used to play Vampires a very long time ago, and my brother-in-law plays Riffs? I'm not sure of the exact RPG. I used to be addicted to WoW, but have since weened myself off. I can totally respect this as a Show & Tell :) Thanks for showing!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! My husband and a bunch of good friends used to play D&D a lot, and though I never played, I loved tagging along and just listening to the stories. Your DM has a nice way of telling stories.

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Cool! I have some friends who play.

Quiet Dreams said...

How fun! You've got a very good storyteller in your group.

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...