Today is officially my last day. It is officially the last day for 4 others here.
I am lucky however. Last week my boss asked if I could stay another month to clean up the mess. Well, he did not say that specifically—basically I will not be doing my job anymore. I will be gathering up the files and integrating them from the various empty offices. When I am done, so-and-so’s office will have no files. No life. I am The Filer of Death!!
Today my stomach is going flippety-flop. Missing people who are still here (who have no idea that I have a reprieve); missing my job that will be gone soon.
My stomach is also flipping because I got a call from the agency. They have a temp to perm job that might work for me. Lower pay. Good hours and 10 mins from my house. There is also a message on my machine (so my husband vaguely tells me) about another position. (I cannot access remotely our new answering machine—ARGGH!). Could either of these prospects actually turn into anything? Or are they just a high point on which I will fall down as I ride the roller coaster of the job hunt?
My stomach is also growling. Our company is going to do one last hurrah. Get a pink slip –get a free lunch!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 years...
I took the Michael (he was almost 3) to daycare and proceeded to drive into work. Heard the first plane had hit (we thought accident, maybe...
-
The camping trip was a great success. Michael and I had such a great time that I am certain this will become a tradition (for a longer perio...
-
Another senseless tragedy, this time in Orlando, Florida, has caught my attention and while I attempt to grapple with senseless murder and t...
-
I was going to do a Show & Tell about what I was doing one year ago this week ... But I got a wonderful surprise in my snail mail box to...
4 comments:
Such a roller coaster ride you're on! Praying that you land softly in a great new position very soon!
I'm so sorry! Losing a job is never fun, but hopefully it opens up a great opportunity!
At least you get free lunch? That is the silver lining, right? :0(
Sorry about the job but good news about the prospects!
Happy Hunting!
I hate these roller coaster rides. I am sorry
Post a Comment