Saturday, May 23, 2020

So, this is my 50th Year...

Pretty sure I think I can safely say that 2020 has not been a stellar year for most everybody. 

It is also my 50th year on earth.  I had tried to put a positive spin on this.  I am trying to eat right, exercise, reach out to people and do more...and I was doing pretty nicely and everything just crashed...

I am still working pretty steadily on the exercise and eating right, although frankly, it is a lot harder with everyone at home and wanting comfort food.  I have lost some weight, but I can tell I need to work harder at it to lose more...

I worry about my health, my husband's health...Michael's mental and physical health...and whether we can survive Willow's teen years....

--------------------

Thing is--even though the world is a shit-show right now--personally, our family is doing alright.  We both are still working full time.  And we may complain about shortages, but we are not going to starve and we definitely have enough provisions (and access to them) to get through.  We are in generally good health and mentally, while on a bit edge, we are frayed but not broken.

There are many other people suffering and dying and we are the lucky ones.

So...while this has not been my favorite 50th year...its my only one, and dammit...gonna keep trying and hope to also make a difference in the world.


3 comments:

Dandylines said...

You are rolling with it. Lots of good times, some not so much. Looking at the situation and being real. I never realized how much I was stress eating I find it hard to get back.
Give yourself credit and try to stay at new norm and improve when you can. Sometimes little back sliding is just regrouping.
Love, Margo, Ron and of course HRH Stretch the cat.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Happy birthday, a little late. I hope you were able to mark the day, and find pockets of happiness. 50 is a wonderful milestone.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Thinking of you and your family. I have always loved your blog and admired your strength and courage.

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...