Friday, January 17, 2014

Watching with New Eyes

Tonight it was me and her. And an old friend.

I did not expect to watch the whole movie...so long. I was not sure if she was going to be attentive through the whole thing.

We sat together under a blanket. She asked questions, but mostly she watched and listened.

I saw my old friend with not only fresh eyes, but with older ones. It has been a while since I have watched the whole movie all the way through.

I had tried to watch it with such enthusiasm with the boy when he was about her age. He liked it, but did not love it. He watched it, but not all the way through.

She watched and dazzled. We snuggled and had goose bumps. I told her that this was one of my favorite movies when I was a little girl. And she understood.

I watched the movie with mother's eyes. I thought of all the times I wished for a daughter to share this with...and I sat there amazed yet again with my good fortune to have her. And my old friend.

No comments:

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...