Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Recovering

I have been home since Friday evening and I am on the steady path to recovery.

The thing that most annoys me right now are the things I had to miss out on because of this.  Of course, I really did not get to enjoy the much needed four day weekend of Thanksgiving...I was in a lot of pain.

Then I was in the hospital for five days--missing out on a week of work (new job I am still stressing out about--timing is everything).  Not to mention looking out the window and seeing--SNOW?  (Luckily only an inch or two--but I missed the first snow?) I missed going to my nieces' 2nd Birthday party and my son's Holiday concert.

But, you know...I feel a LOT better since the surgery.  And while I cannot pick up Willow yet (much less sleep in my own bed)--I have been able to help to (finally) get our holiday decorations up!  Our tree is up; our menorah is out--we have started watching our holiday classics and tonight I spent a lot of time reading to Willow from a ton of our holiday books...so, I guess things are getting back on track!

Tomorrow, I see the doctor and hopefully get my drainage plug out (yeah, that was not something I expected).

I have appreciated getting to have extra time with the kids this week.  So much so that I am only partially looking forward to returning to work next week (oh why can I not win the lottery?) if only because it will feel more "normal".

Time is going by slow/fast/what?  and I wish the holidays would slow down a bit!

This Saturday night is the first night of Hanukkah--looking forward to making latkes and roast and hopefully being mostly healed and healthy for the holidays.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Christy said...

So glad you are feeling better and on the road to recovery. Hopefully you'll be feeling great to celebrate all the upcoming festivities.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Oh I'm so glad you're finally starting to feel better. I bet you'll be ready to do cartwheels soon!

Sorry you missed out on some fun things though.

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...