Monday, May 23, 2011

Perfect Moment Monday

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between. For more Perfect Moments, go HERE




Moment #1: The clarinet music in the kitchen is familar and unfamilar to me. The tunes are familar, the sound of the clarinet, the hum the licore-ish sound... Listening to him play the instrument standing in the kitchen, I remember seeing a picture of my father playing his clarinet in his mother's kitchen. I remembering practicing my clarinet--not in the kitchen, I was more comfortable in my room away from all eyes. Here my son proudly plays as I go about the normal cleaning up in the kitchen. It feels normal (although we have only started doing this two days ago). It feels like this has always happened, yet never happened before. He doesn't let me play his clarinet, even though I would die to play it just for a little while...and I let it alone because I want him to learn and play without pressure from me. Without my influence--although it is still there, in the familar sounds of his tunes.

Moment #2: She is sucking the life out of "Bambi". She really is. How many times can I watch it? Let's find out...ahh, Uncle John is here--HE can watch it with her while I escape to make dinner!! I come in after a little while to see them sitting on the couch, she right up next to him, his arm around her. They are watching the movie intently and I see how much they are both enjoying this movie. And I realize that to her, this is a perfect moment. And I sit down on the couch and watch the rest of the movie with them.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm very envious of the long line of musicianship you have in your family -- even on the same instrument! I would love it if one of my kids picked up the piano or flute on their own.

So sweet about your daughter and her uncle.

MICHELE CERVONE SCOTT said...

Two perfect moments for sure! Thanks for sharing :)

Kathy said...

Two beautiful and perfect moments! I especially love that you noticed and witnessed your daughter experiencing a perfect moment and that in doing so also experienced your own perfect moment.

Anonymous said...

awww....

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I love both of these moments. I can especially relate to the clarinet. That was my instrument of choice in band.

And W with her uncle sounds so sweet!

Barb said...

Wonderful! I played the flute, so I'm feelin ya. :)

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...