Monday, May 16, 2011

Perfect Moment Monday

Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between. For more Perfect Moments, go HERE



Moment #1: Husband is upstairs taking a nap. It's about time to wake him up, so I suggest to her that we go up and wake daddy. She has another idea, as we both snuggle under the covers next to him. He hugs her and we face each other. It is a rainy, lazy day and we just pause and look at her as she looks at me. Her priorities, though, get the better of her--as she proceeds to tell me "hold on" and goes downstairs. To grab her half-eaten piece of pizza from lunch. She then comes into bed and gingerly places the piece on the headboard, snuggles in and then occasionally pops up to grab another bite. Pizza in bed. (Later we will laugh as we go to bed to find bits of pizza crust in our bed)

Moment #2: This morning we are rushing around and I am not feeling that great (sore throat and rough night's sleep). I just grab a shirt to wear and put it on. He comes upstairs to give me a good bye kiss. He says "mom, you look nice" and suggests that it would look even better with my heart necklace. It is the first time he has ever offered such advice and I take it, feeling a little better about the day ahead. Throughout the day I think of this and smile at the necklace around my neck.




Photobucket

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I really enjoyed reading your two perfect moments from this week and as I have said before, appreciate that your PM usually seem to be one about each of your children. I am glad that you went with the flow with your daughter and spent that special time in bed, even allowing her to nibble on some pizza there. I also thought it was adorable that your son told you how nice you looked and even suggested an accessory to your outfit! Too cute and thoughtful. My favorite of your PM is your thinking about your son as you wear your necklace today.

Thank you for your kind words on my blog/comment on my PMM post this today. I hope that you have a wonderful week with lots more perfect moments!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Oh, that's so beautiful that he was thoughtful about your beauty and your necklace. What a kind and empathetic boy you're raising.

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...