Tuesday, June 08, 2010

B.N.

Per JJ's blog, I am posting my B.N. (Before Net.fli.x) Memories of some of my favorite movies that I would rent from the video store.

During college, my future husband and I loved the quaint little "mom & pop" video stores that sprang up around our college town. And being in college---well, we were a bit experimental...so, my first pick is one that was not necessarily a favorite, but very memorable...



Begotten : Ummm..well, this is a movie from E. Elias Merhige who did Shadow of the Vampire (which is a very good movie). This movie is CREEPY and it helped to be a bit drunk seeing it...here's information on it HERE and HERE.

During my last year of school, I took an independant study course on film and thematics. I did a paper on science fiction movies and society (how they were influenced and how they influenced society).

So, we rented a few classics, like:

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Them!

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers, both the old one and the newer version.

Of course, my college years and my life as a whole were changed by two movies, that I did not rent myself, but were rented by someone else.

I saw Excalibur again on a movie night where my future husband and I sat together and watched and talked...

and the next day, he came up behind me when I was sitting in the student lounge watching The Color Purple.

So, what are your favorite or memorable movies from B.N.? Go head on over to JJ's blog and she is doing a give-away for your comments!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

How fun!

Cibele said...

Cool. loved your list. I loved Shawshank Redemption ! Mya favorite movie ever!

JJ said...

Great list! Thanks for posting your favorites--I had forgotten about Them!

MrsSpock said...

Mr S loves your list- except for The Color Purple. I remember watching a promo for The Color Purple on "Rated K" on Nick.

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...