Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends. -- Cindy Lew

This Sunday, my friend Ana threw me a surprise Baby Shower. It was one of the sweetest things anyone has done for me. And there was a conspiracy too!! My son, my husband, even some of my co-workers knew! (I am a bit surprised my son was able to keep a secret like that for so long). I never had a shower for Michael--moving 800 miles away from everyone and being married into a Jewish family (Jewish tradition does not tend to do Baby Showers), it just did not happen. I have always kinda missed that. And now I feel truly loved and want to thank everyone for being such great people!
Ana put so much work into the party, decorations, cupcakes (I had 3), chocolate bars with paper wrapping on them saying "In Anticipation of Willow!", etc.! And Little Caesar's Pizza (my fav!).
Pretty surprising to walk into Ana's house to see my brother and his fiance! It was a small gathering, but the love and care that went into everything was just astounding.
As for the gifts--I got a toy chest filled with some really funny onesies and other outfits (none too girly, thank you very much) and a Baby Calendar and a Gift Certificate for Babies R Us--which I promptly used that evening!


Shower decorations.





Some funny onesies (there are more--she's going to be quite witty!).


The girliest outfit. And yes, Ana, I will let her wear it.


Less girlie outfit from my brother and his fiance. The pooh socks from Ana.


Toychest.


With some toys (I gotta go down to the basement and find some of Michael's old toys--another project for maternity leave)


The nursery (looking kinda messy--the car seat is in there). The glider is Michael's old one. He got a used glider in his room...well, actually, we bought a used glider for the nursery, but Michael found it was bigger and more comfy and claimed it--I let him win that battle--Heck, he's the big brother, after all!


Another angle of nursery.


The travel system and car seat assembled. We all learned how to buckle Cthullu in...

4 comments:

Valerie said...

heehee I knew about it too but couldn't come because I had my shower the same day. I am so happy they were able to surprise you!

Ana said...

LOVE YOU GIRLFRIEND!!!

Jackie said...

Ha! That sounds like a blast! I'm so glad you were able to have a shower.
I've been meaning to comment on how similar our nurseries are...well, I don't have a freaking awesome mural in mine, but there are other similarities. Next time you swing by, there is a link on the sidebar to a video of the nursery. Check it out.

Anonymous said...

That's so nice your friend had a shower for you. Willow got some nice things. K had a green dress almost identical to the one you got. I see you have a cute animal rug and mobile to go with the mural the nursery looks great. I hope you are taking my email seriously and you are going to take the bumper out of there before Willow uses the crib. I hope I didn't upset you but the nurse ordered us to pass the info on to parents. That there wasn't funding to educate everyone and they were using Daycare providers and center workers as educational outreach. They actually told us at the hospital when I had Sarah not to use a bumper so I took it out of our crib. They didn't tell us not to use blankets though that didn't come up until about two years ago.

Sorry you are so nervous, those hormones don't help the matter either. I was mostly oblivious to danger both times but man were some of my dreams weird. TT

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...