Tuesday, March 12, 2019
My Reader
Every night I pick her up from After-School care, I find her in the same position...laying with a pillow on the raised heaters, involved with a book. She is going through books like they are water. She reads and reads and reads. I love it!!
Sometimes she is reading in class when she is supposed to be paying attention to a lesson on math. Other times she is reading classic books...yesterday I picked her up and she was reading Judy Blume's "SuperFudge"
Sunday, on our way back from piano lesson, she read to me from a non-fiction book I got her about immigrants and what accomplishments they have made to society.
She reads Graphic Novels, she reads comics on her Kindle. She is our kindred reader...I love watching her mind open up with each page. I hope this love of books remains with her always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 years...
I took the Michael (he was almost 3) to daycare and proceeded to drive into work. Heard the first plane had hit (we thought accident, maybe...
-
The camping trip was a great success. Michael and I had such a great time that I am certain this will become a tradition (for a longer perio...
-
Posting my show and tell early, as we are going away for the weekend... Last weekend we went to a medieval faire . We go every year, and t...
-
One thing I am liking about summer -- S'mores!! I especially like the fireside ones, but microwave ones work in a jiff... Here are a cou...
No comments:
Post a Comment