Monday, March 18, 2019

#MicroblogMonday - Drawn Emotions

Not sure what #MicroblogMondays is? Read the inaugural post which explains the idea and how you can participate tooPlease check out current #MicroblogMondays posts HERE.

--------------------------------

Therapy for the girl can sometimes provide insights in ways you do not expect.  For example, I know that she has been practicing drawing (anime is one of her favorite styles), but I hadn't seen how far she has progressed until last Friday, when her therapist asked her to draw out her emotions:

They each have names, and I am not sure of each one now, but I know that the middle one here is Yanny and she is the productive one (she even has an apron on like she is going to do lots of stuff!) the one on the right is anger...

I know the one on the left is sadness, the one in the middle is silliness...

The one on the left is anxiety/awkwardness, middle is shy...



Not only is my daughter very talented in drawing (these were all done within a half hour) she is very in touch with her emotions.  Now, if only she could learn to access the Productive one more often in school...which is one of the discussions in therapy....

Photobucket

No comments:

Much Needed Self Care...

For my Birthday this year, I got a weekend away from everyone at a nice hotel with a spa.  This was the weekend.  And much needed it was! Af...