Thursday, February 21, 2019

Twenty Years Ago Today...

Twenty Years Ago, at 1:23 a.m.
That was when I met him for the first time.

My first born.  My son.  

It was one of the most traumatic, horrifying, difficult and wondrous moments of my life.  

I feared for my life.  I feared for his.  

I believe, at this exact moment...right now...20 years ago...I was able to touch him, if only a little bit (he was wrapped in layers and layers of blankets and place on top of me while we were wheeled out to recovery).  

I am happy that I happened to wake up at this moment to appreciate that moment...so long ago (so fleetingly short from now)...alone, while everyone sleeps..20 years ago, I became a mother.







(Well...everyone is asleep but the damned cats....I think they just broke something downstairs....)

No comments:

Wearing Weary

"There is no normal life that is free of pain.  It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.&q...